Sunday, January 10, 2010

My Kitchen...as uncluttered as it gets, considering I have NO counter space


I'm posting this picture, not because I'm in love with my kitchen...more so that I'm not. It is actually a really big room, but poorly laid out. Anyway, I'm hoping that this will be the 'before' picture, and sometime soon, I'll be able to post an after shot. It really needs to be totally redesigned, but that is not in the budget, so it will more likely be a sprucing up. What I have in mind is some wainscoting on the island and fridge surround, also take the raised panels out of the cabinets and replace with flat panels or bead board (which I'm thinking would be too busy) and then paint them. Definately need new counter tops,and my first choice would be concrete, but butcher block is more economical, and I have no objection to it, because I am totally utilitarian at heart. Wood floors are a must, but may have to wait. And then there the question of lighting. I have some very cool lights, that I bought off of Craigslist, but they are not working as kitchen lighting. Anywho, hopefully putting it down in writing will help motivate me to motivate my husband...a carpenter by trade...and it's true what they say...I'll leave it at that.

No comments:

About Me

ct, United States
Hi, I'm Priscilla. This blog is basically a diary, in photos, so that i might capture tiny pieces of time...that pass, far too quickly...and the older i get, the faster time passes. So here's a little bit about me: I live in Southern New England, (one of the worlds most beautiful places,in my opinion) I'm a Mom of 3, and grandma to 1 beautiful little girl. I love my kids, my grandaughter & my husband, more than anything in the world, BUT...there ARE other things I LOVE too...like pizza! & summertime & ice cold beer & red wine...brisk Autumn days, sitting by the fireplace, old houses, stone walls, flea markets, second hand shops, old painted furniture, decorating (and then redecorating). Warm sunny mornings on the porch, Earl Grey tea, and sultry late afternoons at the beach, and taking pictures. And Last, but by no means least, home.